Sunday, May 23, 2010
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup & 2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon sugar (1 teaspoon for lunch/dinner crepes)
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons melted butter (plus more when it's time to make the crepes)
1. Put all ingredients in a blender in order listed, blend until smooth. Set the covered blender in the refridgerator for at least 30 minutes, can be left overnight.
2. When it's time to cook the crepes, use a paper towel to spread about 1 teaspoon of butter in the bottom of an 8 in or 9 in shallow nonstick frying pan and place over medium heat. Blend the batter again to smooth it.
3. When pan is hot pour just enough batter to cover the bottom, should be a very thin layer. Try to pour your batter to one side of the pan and then immediately tilt your pan to cover the bottom. It should take about 30 - 45 seconds to cook the crepe, then use a spatula to flip the crepe and cook it on the other side for another 10 - 20 seconds. When done flip your pan over a plate and let the crepe fall out. Rub more butter in the pan before cooking each additional crepe.
*Crepes can be savory or sweet, there is an unlimited amount of fillings and sauces you can use for them.
* Jam & cream cheese mixed with vanilla extract
* Mini chocolate chips and bananas
* Sliced peaches and honey
* Nutella and ice cream