SHARK WEEK

 

Every year we get so excited for Shark Week on the Discovery Channel!   We host a shark week themed party with shark decorations, games and snacks.  Below I will post some of our favorite shark themed snacks, decor and apparel - each years stores and restaurants more as shark week becomes more popular so be on the look out in your area!  





Shark Bait popcorn snack is a staple at our annual party - everyone loves it and it's so easy!  The hardest part is finding the shark gummies.  I've seen them at 5 below, Walmart, target, hobby lobby and when all else fails - amazon!  Get the recipe here!








This shark cheeseball is as delicious as it is cute - a must have party snack for every shark themed party!!!  Get the recipe here!











Carve a watermelon shark!  These are so fun and we often serve this fruit dip along side of it.  You could also make watermelon salsa.










Carving a cantaloupe shark is also fun and this salad is delicious!  I didn't measure anything, just threw it all together.

















These blue frosted cupcakes from Walmart or Publix and ordered the shark fin toothpicks online for a fun sweet treat.






I buy the majority of my party supplies from oriental trading company, Walmart or amazon






I set up two selfie stations.  One with a solid blue backdrop and selfie sticks to choose from and the other is a giant great white backdrop - these always get us lots of fun pics from the party!





I ordered this inflatable cooler that's meant for ice and drinks from oriental trading company.  My thought was to fill it with charcuterie snacks to float around the pool but this idea needs to be reserved for adult only pool time because the kids tend to get the snacks a little soggy LOL



This giant shark pool float fits two people and came with a floating drink holder!




I found these shark floats at 5 below for just $5 each!!!




We use the red lights in our pool every years during shark week!



I do not remember where I purchased these shark salt and pepper shakers but I absolutely love them!  I see the brand on the box is Chesapeake Bay.





Lots of jewelry companies are starting to carry shark tooth inspired jewelry and some even make jewelry out of real teeth.  My bracelet is from Alex and Ani and my anklet is from pura vida.  I have other bracelets and earrings as well from pura vida 








This shark tooth holder was handmade by a craft shop in my town.  There are lots of other options on Etsy.  I love this piece!











Sadly the sonic shark week slush has been discontinued but you could always attempt to make one at home.  This is their blue coconut slush with a strawberry topping and shark gummies.









Every year I also HAVE to decorate my coffee bar for shark week.  It ends up staying up most of the month of July because I love all of this decor so much!











Every year Knockaround releases a new shark week pair of sunglasses.  Goodr sunglasses also recently released a pair of shark sunglasses too - they are super cute!  Rock 'Em Socks also sells a shark week pack of socks and a couple pairs of underwear that are awesome!  Tervis usually has some shark cups.  Greg Norman has some neat shark shirts and his logo is a shark on his polos.
Check out this awesome perler bead kit!  Find it HERE





Comments