STORING SOURDOUGH

 


Fresh baked bread is best eaten the same day.  I keep my bread wrapped in the parchment paper I baked it in and place that is a brown paper bag and leave in the dutch oven with lid on the counter.  That keeps it from getting hard but the crust will soften.  Or I sliced up the bread on day 2 and freeze.  Simply take out and toast when you want a slice of bread.  

However I did test out softening up your stale bread in the microwave and it worked perfect!  Simply mist the loaf in question with water and wrap in a paper towel.  Microwave for 30 seconds and like magic you have a soft loaf again!

If you are done eating from that loaf, making breadcrumbs with the leftovers is perfect!  I chops my loaf up into rather large chunks and freeze in a ziploc bag.  I use these breadcrumbs for toppings on casseroles (macaroni and cheese is our favorite!), savory breakfast Strada's, bread pudding or a French toast bake!  There are lots of ways to use your breadcrumbs, get creative

Comments