BLOODY MARY DEVILED EGGS

 

1 dozen eggs (boiled, peeled, cut in half)
old bay seasoning
1/2 cup mayo
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon horseradish
1 tablespoon lemon juice
dash Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 teaspoon celery seed
pinch salt and pepper

topping: shrimp, pickles, pickled okra, olives, bacon, etc 

Once you cut your peeled eggs in half dip them on a plate covered in old bay to coat the outsides edges.
Mix egg yolks with all of the ingredients listed above until smooth and pipe into egg whites.
Use a toothpick to assemble your toppings.  I used tiny pickles, green olives, pickled okra and bacon.

I saw this recipe on tiktok and had to give it a try.  I did not think the taste was worth the amount of time put in to making these but they were fun to look at!  My husband and kids LOVED them and told me I had to make them again even though I repeatedly said I never would.  My husband thinks the eggs without the toppings taste exactly like shrimp cocktail.  He suggested trying it again with just a shrimp on top of the filling and nothing else to get the shrimp cocktail flavor.  Once you add all the other toppings it brings out the Bloody Mary flavor better.




Comments