BOURBON PECAN PIE

Changes I made to this pie:  We did 1/2 cup sugar.  It made it way less sweet, I like it better with 1 cup, my husband preferred it with 1/2 cup.  I browned the butter before incorporating into mixture.  I soaked the pecans in bourbon for about an hour before baking, this made the pie have a very strong bourbon flavor that my husband loved, me and the kids not so much.

1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoon bourbon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups pecans, chopped - plus several halves for decorating top, if desired

Mix together eggs, sugar, corn syrups, butter, bourbon, vanilla and salt until well blended.
Pierce bottom of pie crust several times with a fork and spread chopped pecans on the bottom.  Pour syrup mixed over chopped nuts and decorate top with halved pecans.
Bake 35 to 45 minutes at 375*



Comments