OHIO HOT CHICKEN SANDWICH


Featured on my odd food post

I read about this sandwich online and had to try it.  Several people claimed it was an Ohio staple and is often served at concession stands.  I found it to be rather bland but was assured that was normal.   It has potential depending on what you add to season it.  For the purpose of keeping it "traditional" I leave it plain and let you decide how to season it.  Definitely a quick and easy meal!

About 2 pounds chicken breasts (1 pack of 3)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 sleeve ritz crackers, crushed
6 burger buns

Boil chicken for about 15 or 20 minutes until done.  Shred.  I put mine in a stand mixer to shred.  Pour the water out of the pot you boiled the chicken in and add the shredded chicken, soup and crushed crackers.  Heat through and serve on buns.  Double for a dozen sandwiches.

*season with salt and pepper or poultry seasoning or whatever you'd like.

Comments