RUM BALLS





1 box vanilla wafer cookies
1 cup nuts  (you can use any kind of nuts, my favorites are almonds & pecans)
2 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/4 cup rum 
1/2 cup powdered sugar on a plate

Process cookies and nuts in a food processor until finely chopped.  Empty food processor contents into a bowl and add corn syrup and rum.  Mix together well with hands and roll into 1" balls.  Roll in powdered sugar and set in a container.

PERFECT for cookie exchanges and Holiday gifts.  Alcohol flavor will get stronger as they sit so it's best to make them the day before you're going to eat them/give them away.

YIELD: about 2 dozen

Rumchata: I used pecans and rumchata
Chocolate: add 2 tablespoon cocoa powder to mixture and to finishing powder sugar.  I used pecans and light rum.
Fireball: I used pecans and fireball whiskey.
Almond: I used almonds and amaretto

so far our favorite liquor to use is eagle rare bourbon!
would love to try tequila with some lime juice  





Comments