VIRGINIA BEACH STAYCATION (DAY 6)

Our last day of vacation!!!!!

This morning we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast.  As soon as we walked in the door I noticed a jar of Baconnaise - interesting!  We didn't buy it but I had to take a pic.  I ordered a pecan pancake with a side of bacon and grits.  We enjoyed our breakfast as we always do at Cracker Barrel and walked around the store for a bit afterwards.  I opened a tester bottle of lotion and leaned down to sniff it and it exploded all over my face!  Instead of helping me get it off my face TJ was leaning on a rack of clothing laughing so hard he could hardly breath.  As we were walking around we noticed that almost everything in the store was on sale!  I found a beautiful sun hat for 70% off and ended up paying a total of $6 for it!  Perfect find because our next stop is the beach!





















Next stop is the Mid-Atlantic Hermit Crab Challenge!  I read about this event a few months back and it sounded like so much fun, not to mention was listed one of the top 10 World's Wackiest Events.  I purchased hermit crabs the day after reading this article.  At the time we didn't realize our kids would be on their own vacation in PA with Grandma and Grandpa, but oh well!  We were going to skip the event since we are kidless but we figured what the heck, we might as well go and check it out so we headed to the beach with two of our fastest hermit crabs, Racer and Big Red.  We pinned on our racing numbers and waited to be called.  Racer and Big Red were in the same heat together and Big Red came in 2nd, Racer 3rd.  We made it to semi finals and decided to stick around.  Big Red raced first and ended up getting into a fight with another crab and didn't bother with the race.  Racer started off strong but turned at the last minute allowing another crab to win.  They were both awarded metals and we had a good time, next year I hope we can do it again with the kids!

















After the race we came home and I think TJ was more worn out than the crabs!  He fell asleep on the couch and we skipped lunch.  When he woke up we got read for dinner with cousins and headed to Plaza Azteca for some Mexican, yum!  I ordered a coconut mojito and it was awesome! Tasted like a regular mojito with coconut extract added, I really enjoyed it!









After dinner we headed to a bar on the oceanfront called Lunasea and they had a huge sand pit full of corn hole boards!  We had a blast playing corn hold into Sunday morning!  We will definitely be back to this place! 

We both really enjoyed our "staycation" and can't wait to do it again!  We loved experiencing all of the fun things to do in our city and I hope some people who read this found out about new places they'd like to visit too!  Now it's back to reality and just about a month left of summer before school begins!  

Comments