WAFFLE IRON TIPS/TRICKS

I've been doing a lot of research lately about all the nontraditional things you can make in a waffle iron. I've been wanting to try them out so my mom surprised me with my first waffle iron!  I never wanted one before because I would just buy frozen waffles but if you can make brownies, cake and cookies in one that why not give it a shot!

I've googled, read websites, recipes and pinterest boards - I'm going to put these recipes to test and blog about how they worked for me and publish the successful recipe/methods on my blog.  By the way, I chose to go the Belgian Waffle route, if you have a regular waffle maker your cooking time will vary.

What I've learned so far:
For my waffle iron 1 cup of batter works better than the suggested 3/4 cup of batter.
Pour the batter around in a circle on the outside edges, not in the center.
Next time I make waffles I'm going to try and scoop 1/4 cup of batter on the outside edge of each triangle, curious to see how that turns out.
Watch the steam!  The timer on the waffle iron doesn't know what substance you've just put in there.  Watch the steam rise and when it stops, your waffle should be done.
Use nonstick cooking spray!  Even if you have a nonstick surface waffle iron and even if the directions tell you not to!

List of items you can make in your waffle iron:
Cake mix
Brownie mix
Muffin mix
Cookies
Hashbrowns
Omelettes 
Canned biscuits
Cornbread
Pizza
Hot pressed sandwiches
Quesidillas

http://www.buzzfeed.com/roamingrosie/25-things-you-didnt-know-you-could-cook-on-a-waff-h90i


Comments