Saturday, September 4, 2010
FRENCH TOAST ROLLUPS
8oz cream cheese
1 cup sugar
loaf of bread without end pieces, remove crusts
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Beat cream cheese, egg yolk and 1/4 cup sugar until creamy and set aside.
2. Cut crusts off bread and roll flat with rolling pin. Spread cream cheese mixture over each slice of bread, then roll up and place on a baking sheet seem side down.
3. Brush rollups with melted butter. Place 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish and roll rollups in sugar mixture until completely covered.
Thanks to my cousin Kimberly for this fantastic recipe!!! They are sooo delicious!
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 400. Drizzle with maple syrup just before serving.
* Instead of baking whole batch you can freeze for up to 2 months and pull out desired amount to bake.