Sunday, July 25, 2010
BEER CAN CHICKEN
1 3-5 lb whole chicken
Can of beer
Grill rub or seasoning
1. Preheat grill for indirect cooking with medium heat. Rinse and pat chicken dry. Drink or pour out 1/3 of beer, insert can in chicken cavity.
2. Stand chicken up while it's sitting on beer can and rub your seasonings on it.
3. Grill for approx 50 minutes, check temp, insert thermometer in the theigh and make sure it registers 160.
* Do not put any type of oil on your chicken! It will burn while cooking.
* You can also buy beer can stands (shown in first picture). We have a double one so you can do two chickens and ensure that the chicken doesn't fall over on the grill.
* OVEN: Preheat oven to 350. Follow steps 1 and 2 and place chicken in a baking dish or roasting pan. Roast for about 1 hour to 1.5 hours. Check temp and for clear juices to ensure it's done.