Saturday, May 22, 2010
JALAPENO POPPER PIZZAS
1 (13 7/8 ounce) package pizza crusts (pillsbury refrigerated)
4 slices bacon, sliced
1/2 cup red pepper, finely chopped (aprox. 1 small pepper)
2 jalapeno peppers, chopped fine
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup corn chips, crushed
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Open the crust. DO NOT UNROLL. Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured cutting board. Gently roll the log shape into a thinner cylinder measuring aprox. 11 1/2 inches. Using a sawing motion, cut the dough into 24pieces.
2. Place on a baking pan; press the dough pieces slightly (helps prevent them from rising too much). Bake 11-13 minutes until golden brown.
3. Cut bacon into 1/4 inch pieces, fry & remove once cooked. Using 1 tsp bacon drippings, saute the red pepper & jalapenos until tender.
4. Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, sauteed peppers & bacon; mix well.
Divide evenly over the crusts.
5. Combine remaining cheese w/ corn chips. Sprinkle on top. Bake 4-6 minutes until cheese is melted.