Tuesday, April 27, 2010
BLUEBERRY ALMOND CREAM MUFFINS
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
1 can Pillsbury Grand Flaky Layers biscuits (8 biscuits)
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup blueberry preserves (any other flavor will work as well)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
2. With electric mixer or whisk, stir cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, almond extract until smooth and creamy; set aside.
3. In shallow bowl, mix almonds and 1/4 cup sugar.
4. Separate each biscuit into 3 layers, making 24 circles. Brush one layer with melted butter, firmly press layer, butter side down, into almond mixture, coating evenly. Place layer, almond side down, in bottom and up the side of muffin cup. Repeat this 7 more times until you have 8 muffin cups filled.
5. Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture over each bottom layer. Top with second biscuit layer; press edges of layers together sealing in the cream cheese mixture.
6. Spoon 1 teaspoon of preserves over each second layer.
7. Brush third layer of biscuits with butter, firmly pressing into almond mixture and placing ontop of preserves with the almond mixture facing up. Press edges of layers together sealing in the preserves.
8. Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
* Separate biscuits as soon as you take it out of the fridge, letting dough sit at room temp will make it more difficult to separate.
Recipe from: http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/blueberry-almond-creme-muffins/5c99dff6-6bcb-4ed4-85eb-c9a414dd929e