Tuesday, February 16, 2010
CANNOLI DIP WITH CHOCOLATE CINNAMON CHIPS
• 1/4 cup plus 1 tbls semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
• 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
• 1/4 cup powdered sugar
• 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 container (8oz) frozen whipped topping, divided
1. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the chocolate morsels for garnish.
2. Chop remaining chocolate morsels using a food chopper or knife.
Place in large bowl.
3. Add ricotta cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla and mix well.
4. Set 1/2 cup of whipped topping aside for garnish.
5. Gently fold remaining whipped topping into ricotta mixture.
6. Spoon dip into medium serving bowl.
7. Sprinkle remaining chocolate morsels over dip and pipe rosettes around edge of dip.
Serve with your choice of dippers.
• Graham cracker sticks
• Chocolate cinnamon chips
CHOCOLATE CINNAMON CHIPS
Cinnamon and Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400. Place tortilla chips on stoneware or cookie sheet. Cut into triangles with pizza cutter.
2. Spray lightly with water and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
3. Bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile microwave chocolate chips in a microwave safe container for 30 second intervels until melted. Put melted chocolate into a plastic bag and cut the tip of a corner off.
4. Squeeze chocolate over chips and allow to cool.