Tuesday, November 3, 2009
POTSTICKERS WITH PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE
1 lbs ground pork- or turkey
1 bag of cabbage coleslaw mix
1/4 cup green onions with tops
1-2 packages of won ton wrappers
few tablespoons of cornstarch
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp sugar
1. Steam slaw mix in the microwave until tender, or you can boil in water until tender.
2. While cabbage is steaming, cut your green onions including the tops. Mix cabbage, ground pork, ground ginger, sugar, and sesame oil and green onions into a bowl. Set in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
3. Get a small bowl and add about a tbsp of cornstarch to about 6 tbsp of water. Enough to get a milky consistency. You will use this to "glue" your won ton wrappers edges.
4. With each won ton wrapper add about a tbsp of the mixture, and rub the cornstarch/watter mixture onto the edges and fold in half to make a triangle. Repeat until you run out of mixture.
5. Heat a 12 inch nonstick skillet until very hot. Add 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, tilting it till it coated the entire pan (Use more if needed)Place as many dumplings in the pan as you can, which they can over lap as long as a part of the bottom is being cooked. Fry for 2 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown.
6. Add a 1/2 cup of water, Cover, turn to low heat, and cook 6-7 minute or until water has absorbed. Repeat with remaining dumplings.
For Peanut Dipping Sauce whisk together:
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced and crushed
2 tbsp rice vinegar