Saturday, October 17, 2009
1 1/2 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
1 1.25 oz package taco seasoning mix
1 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp water
2 (8 oz) pkgs. refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 med. green bell pepper
1 med. tomato, cubed
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup sliced black olives
*Serve with 1 cup each salsa and sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine meat, seasoning mix, cheese and water in a bowl.
3. Arrange crescent triangles in a circle on a round baking stone, with bases overlapping in center and points to outside (there should be a five inch diameter circle in center).
4. Using a scoop (approx. 2 T) spoon meat mixture over rolls. Fold points of triangles over filling and tuck under base at center (filling will not be completely covered).
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Using V-shaped cutter, cut off top of bell pepper. Place bell pepper in center of ring; fill with salsa. Mound lettuce, onion, tomato and olives around pepper. Using easy accent decorator, garnish with sour cream.