BANANA BREAD

 

I've been looking for the most perfect, soft and moist banana bread recipe my entire life.  I like my banana bread to be extremely moist and not even a hint of dry in spots and I couldn't figure out how to achieve that until now!  A little kitchen experiment and I've discovered the best loaf of banana bread I've baked to date!  The middle of this loaf will sink in a bit but that's ok, you may prefer to make muffins instead...

1 box yellow/spice cake mix (just the bag, do not include additional ingredients)
4-5 ripe bananas
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired

Beat cake mix and bananas until well combined.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts or any other desired mix ins.
Bake at 350º for 50 to 60 minutes in a loaf pan.
Bake for about 16 minutes if making muffins.

Instead of chocolate chips and nuts, you can get creative with your mix ins, chop up some snickers, Twix, peanut butter cups or pretzels!

When I bake these as muffins I like topping them with cream cheese frosting.  Muffins just seem to last longer!

8oz cream cheese 
1 stick butter, softened 
1 teaspoon vanilla 
pinch of salt
2 cups powdered sugar 
Beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla and salt until creamy, slowly add in sugar.






Comments