BIRTHDAY PUPCAKE

All purpose flour has the least amount of nutrients for your dog but if you're in a pinch it can be used, it's still less harmful than what is contained in store bought dog treats.  Types of flour you may use are whole wheat, pea, chickpea, coconut, lentil and tapioca.  Please do not use corn or soy flour.  It bothered me to add the sugar to this "pupcake" but I didn't want the baking to fail if I omitted it.  Next time I will experiment without sugar or substitute with a sugary ingredient like peanut butter or mashed banana, I'll update this post once I try it.  


4 tablespoons flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and spoon into a silicone baking cup or into a muffin tin.  Bake at 325* for 18 minutes.  Frost with peanut butter and decorate with sprinkles or chopped up dog treats/food.
*You can also bake in the microwave for 1:30 to 2 minutes.

Info about making your own dog treats: http://youdrivemecrafty.blogspot.com/2014/02/info-about-making-dog-treats.html

Recipe from: http://www.brettbara.com/baking/recipe-two-exactly-two-chocolate-cupcakes/


Comments