Saturday, October 17, 2009
2 tbsp butter, softened, divided
2 tbsp sugar
2 small lemons, divided
1/2 pkg yellow cake mix
1 container (8 oz) sour cream
2 tbsp lemon juice (from lemon used for cakes)
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup sugar
1. Brush six Prep Bowls with 1 tbsp of the butter; sprinkle evenly with sugar. Thinly slice one of the lemons. Remove any seeds from lemon slices and place one slice into bottom of each bowl; set bowls aside.
2. Zest remaining lemon to measure 1 tbsp zest; set lemon aside for glaze.
3. Place remaining 1 tbsp butter into Bowl; microwave on HIGH 15-20 seconds or until melted. Add lemon zest, cake mix, egg and sour cream; whisk 1 minute or until smooth. Scoop batter evenly into prepared bowls. Place bowls in a circle on microwave turntable. Microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Carefully remove cakes from microwave; cool in bowls 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, for glaze, juice reserved lemon to measure 2 tbsp juice. Melt butter. Stir in lemon juice and sugar; microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until boiling.
5. To serve, gently tap sides of bowls to release cakes; invert cakes onto Cutting Board. Transfer cakes to serving plates. Drizzle glaze over cakes. Garnish with lemon knots, if desired.
*These cakes can be baked in a conventional oven, if desired. Place Prep Bowls onto Medium Sheet Pan and bake at 350F for 24-26 minutes. Proceed as recipe directs.
For a simple garnish, make lemon knots. For each knot, score two strips of zest from a lemon using Zester/Scorer; tie them together in a knot.