Saturday, October 17, 2009
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY COOKIE TRIFLE
1 cup milk
1 package (3.3 ounces) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 container (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 box (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, divided
1 cup milk chocolate morsels
1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jam, divided
1 bag (12 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries (not in syrup), thawed
1. For filling, combine milk and pudding mix; whisk until pudding mixture begins to thicken. Reserve ½ cup of the whipped topping. Gently fold remaining whipped topping into pudding mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
2. For ganache, combine chocolate morsels, reserved whipped topping and half of the jam in Small Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 40-60 seconds or until melted, stirring after each 20-second interval. Stir until smooth. Reserve ¼ cup in Prep Bowl for garnish. Place remaining jam into another Prep Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted.
3. Place berries into Bowl. Pour jam over berries; stir gently. Set aside 16 cookies for garnish; break remaining cookies in half.
4. To assemble trifle, place one-third of the broken cookies into bottom of Trifle Bowl. Layer one-third of the raspberry mixture evenly over cookies. Top with one-third of the pudding mixture and one-third of the ganache.
5. Repeat layers two more times, finishing with a smooth layer of ganache. Dip reserved whole cookies halfway into reserved ganache; place into top of trifle.