Saturday, October 17, 2009
1 box peanut butter cookie mix plus ingredients to make cookies
10 Pretzel rods, about 8 1/2 inches long, cut crosswise in half
2 tsp Shortening
2/3 cup Semisweet chocolate chips
Butterscotch-flavored chips, melted
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Prepare cookie dough. Shape dough into twenty 1 1/4-inch balls.
2. Place pretzel rod halves on ungreased cookie sheet. Press ball of dough onto cut end of each pretzel rod. Press dough with fork to resemble ”bristles” of broom.
3. Bake about 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack, about 30 minutes.
4. Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper. Place brooms on waxed paper. Heat shortening and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth; remove from heat. Spoon melted chocolate over brooms, leaving about 1 inch at top of pretzel handle and bottom halves of cookie bristles uncovered. Drizzle with melted butterscotch chips. Let stand until chocolate is set.
* These cookies are the perfect mix of salty and sweet – a great Halloween treat!